Monday, April 13, 2009

Cycling Odds and Ends for Monday

Well, I had every good intention of getting out for another ride yesterday after putting in 60k on Friday, but even though it was a very nice day around Toronto, the wind had quite a little chill to it. I just didn't feel like digging into that again without a jacket, which until today was a long overdue purchase for me. I finally broke down and took a lunchtime run down to Mountain Equipment Co-op on King West and picked one up. As you can see, I went for the yellow one, figuring if nothing else, I'll be visible on the road. Now all I have to do is hope it stays cold enough to warrant me actually wearing it. I'm sure though that now that I've bought one, we'll be in the 20's before the end of the week.

Anyway, since I didn't get on the road yesterday, I did 25k on my stationary bike instead while watching the 250cc Grand Prix of Qatar. For some reason, I've always been fascinated by motorcycle racing. Maybe it's a 2-wheel thing or maybe it's because these guys have to be completely nuts going over 250 kmh on a motorcycle. Not sure who won, but I did get a decent workout.

The other thing I noticed this weekend is that The Sporting Life on Yonge doesn't seem to sell Cervelos anymore, which struck me as odd. Not that I had planned to buy one or anything, but I enjoyed going in there to check them out. I remember they used to have the TT bike that Dave Zabriskie rode in the tour once, which I thought was kind of cool.

Oh... and this has nothing to do with cycling, but my beloved Chicago Blackhawks are back in the playoffs and hosting the Calgary Flames starting on Thursday night. TSN is carrying the full series if you're interested.

Last but not least, I've now raised over $300 ($310 to be exact) for my Becel Ride for Heart ride coming up in June. If you'd like to help push me over the top of my $350 goal, please go to my personal Ride for Heart Sponsorship Page and donate any amount you can spare for a great cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment