Tuesday, September 22, 2009

2000 KM

A really short blog post this week, simply to say that, with my latest two rides of 68 and 61 km respectively, I've successfuly reached the 2000 km mark for 2009. If you told me at the the beginning of the year I'd ride 2000 km this year, I probably would have laughed at you, but there you go. Looking back it seems like quite a distance to ride, so I thought I'd see if I can put it into perspective. My now 2006 km would have taken me (give or take a few kilometers) from:

  • My hometown of St. John's, Newfoundland to Edmunston, New Brunswick
  • My current home of Toronto, Ontario to Daytona Beach, Florida
  • Los Angeles, California to Vancouver, British Columbia
  • London, England to Naples, Italy

At a rough average of 25km per hour, that also amounts to approximately 80 hours in the saddle. Not bad for a weekend rider.

Now, with my goal set at reaching 2100 km, I'm only 94 km short of one hell of a season on the bike.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulation :) That's really impressive and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete