This particular meme was started by Fat Lad, and the idea is based on the “my old mother went to the market and bought” memory game. Only in this case, each blogger in the thread lists something that was bought at the LBS in June. Here’s the list thus far, with my addition at the bottom:
- Fat Lad went to the bike shop in June and all he bought was: A new PC971 Sram Chain and a Cassette Spanner and a chain wear tool.
- TOB went to the bike shop in June and all she bought was: a new pair of ruby red Sidis and some X-Series Cleats (but it’s only the 4th!). (Editors Note: Surprise, Surprise…a lady cyclist bought shoes…Ruby Red no less…LOL!).
- Mike J went to the bike shop in June and he bought two Gel Flasks and some Handle Bar Grips.
- 331 Miles went to the bike shop in June and he bought a pair of Performance Ultra II Bib Shorts.
- Biking To Live went to the bike shop in June and picked up a new tube and CO2 cartridge.
- Weiland went to the bike shop in June and looked at clip on aero bars. However, I bought a dozen CamelBak Podium water bottles from Bonktown.
- Roadrash went to 2 bike shops in June and, in preparation for the Ride for Heart bought 2 new 700 x 23 Bontrager RaceXlite folding tires (Trek Toronto) and a new tube to replace one I popped while inflating (Spokes and Sports).