Monday, March 16, 2009

1150K to go...

Considering it's still only the middle of March, I think I'm off to a pretty good start for 2009 and my quest for 1200km. I kinda huffed and puffed my way through another 30k on Saturday but in general felt pretty good when all was said and done. Mind you, I did everything I could to avoid any large hills. I'll need a few more klics in the saddle before my legs and lungs are working in sync and cooperating fully with me so the hills can wait a little bit longer. A couple more shake-out rides like that though and I'll be back in semi-reasonable shape in no time.

This ride was certainly much more pleasant from a temperature standpoint. It was a balmy +6*C this time around, so thankfully no frozen toes to thaw when I got home. Sunday was even warmer around Toronto, and I could have easily gotten in at least another 30k, but rather than go for a ride I decided to take the opportunity to give my bike a good Spring tune-up. At least my bike is back in shape.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment